SPECIAL NOTE: The Sunday school class that has been meeting at Panera Bread on Perryville has decided to move back into the Elim Baptist Church building and will meet at 9:15am in the Fireside Room.
On the Lord’s Day:
- 9:15am — Sunday school classes for all ages: Classes for graded age groups meet to learn from the Scriptures. See Sunday school classes, ages and meeting locations.
- 10:30am — We continue to look into 2 Thessalonians. Read the passage (2 Thessalonians 2:1-12) ahead of time, then prepare your heart and mind to act on the Word delivered. Next week, we have the privilege of hearing the Word of God delivered by our brother Caleb Kolstad, pastor of First Baptist Church of Freeport. Pastor Larry will be filling the pulpit in Freeport as part of Pastor Swap Sunday.
During the Week:
- Monday: our nation celebrates Labor Day.
Upcoming and Ongoing:
- We have a wonderful privilege of fellowshipping with other churches in the area who serve the same Lord and Savior. So next Sunday, we’ll participate in Pastor Swap Sunday! Yes, Pastor Larry will be swapping pulpits with Pastor Caleb Kolstad of First Baptist Church of Freeport. It will be a wonderful opportunity to encourage Pastor Kolstad and his family as they serve the Lord here at Elim!
- Next week will see the beginning of the new Awana year on Wednesday, September 12th at 6:30pm. Pray for the clubbers and the many volunteers who serve the Lord in this vital ministry to kids!
- Also on Wednesday, September 12th, we begin our Mid-Week Meeting Bible studies. Our September schedule has us looking at the benefits and blessings of corporate prayer for building unity in the church. These Bible studies meet on Wednesday mornings at 10:30 am, as well as Wednesday nights at 6:30pm.
- Do you know about the Serving Sisters of Elim? At Elim, we have many ways in which we can show love and care for our sisters in Christ. Serving Sisters is one more way to bless and encourage each other. As the world around us becomes more “me-centered”, we want to be “Christ-centered”, doing what He would do, loving as He would love, with unselfish giving and compassion. Our emphasis is not on being served, but serving, as Jesus exemplified for us with his life: even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many (Matthew 20:28). The Serving Sisters meet periodically as a group for prayer and fellowship.
- As school schedules begin, our students and teachers would love to know that you are praying for them! And, an occasional note or a care package to our college students would go a long way to saying, “You are loved in the Lord.”
- In the next month or so, we’ll be putting together all the info and pictures for a new, updated Elim directory. Please let the church office know if there have been any changes in your information (address, phone, e-mail, etc.) since the last publish date.
Posted on August 31st, 2012 by Janet
Filed under: This Week @ Elim